About Me

My photo
I AM WHO I AM. I AM WHO I'VE BEEN PUT ON THIS EARTH TO BECOME. I AM WHO I WANT TO BE. I AM ME.

Friday, March 5, 2010

Writing Prompt 7 New Thoughts About the "Truth"

After reading this story, I came with new thoughts about the truth. The reason is because in general when telling any type of story, people tend to add certain effects so to draw-in the listeners and to make the story more entertaining as much as possible. When I first began to read this book, there were some things I had to question myself about. For example in the short stories, Enemies and Friends. The story stated that Dave broke his own nose simply because he felt bad for what he did to Lee Strunk. That piece of information left a question in my mind because in the real life, I don't think anyone will want to hurt themselves permanently just because they feel guilty for what's been done to the other person. Based on the author's own criteria, no, this novel is not a true war story however, there are events that took place in a true war story that is in the novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment