About Me

My photo
I AM WHO I AM. I AM WHO I'VE BEEN PUT ON THIS EARTH TO BECOME. I AM WHO I WANT TO BE. I AM ME.

Friday, March 5, 2010

Writing Prompt *1 Silent Agreement of a movie.

There are lots of movies that says "based on a true story" however, the way its being presented might not be of that of a true story. The movie, Titanic is a great example of that. The basics or the moral of the movie is of a true story. Titanic is about a young wealthy young British lady named Rose who is on her way to Newyork, America from England on a Ship called Titanic with her mother. While on the journey, Rose came in contact with a young, not-so-wealthy American man name Jack who is on his way back to his country, America. Both Rose and Jack developed feelings for each other but since Jack is not of a wealthy family, Rose's mother disagrees with Rose getting acquited with a man such as Jack. Not too long, the ship broke in half and began to sank. Beacuse of her love for Jack, Rose decided to stay with Jack and give what it takes to survive rather than go with her mother on a canoe sincing the ship is sinking. At the end of the day, Jack died and Rose lived to tell the story of the ship.
My opinion of the movie is that true, the ship sank in real life, however, I don't believe the love story between Rose and Jack exsited along with it. I feel it was just an additonal made-up story added to make the movie great so to attract the viewers and for the viewers to fully understand the ture part of the story: the sinking of the ship.
The words "based on a true story" enhances my viewing of the movie becasue those five words in quotations allows me to pay extra attention to small details more than Iwould for other ordinary movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment